Virtual School Year Programs
True to our unique method of immersing children in the Spanish language, our virtual school year programs combine all the benefits of our regular in-person program and all the fun of our hands-on interactive curriculum into a virtual experience.
The flexibility of virtual multi-day attendance offers students an environment that allows them to progress rapidly with their language skills while having lots of fun and in the comfort of their own home!
Teachers will immerse the children in the Spanish language through a fun, non-intimidating, yet challenging “Spanish” virtual setting.
Your child will be acquiring a second language by combining music, storytelling, interactive activities and games, snack-tivities, and more… all in Spanish of course!
Enroll Online Now!
Virtual Program Overview
- Virtual programs via ZOOM for children 2 to 12 years old.
- Classes start Sept. 14th (see school calendar).
- Multi-day attendance to maximize language exposure and learning.
- All students will have access to downloadable class worksheets and there are specifically designed curriculum matched arts & crafts materials for our preschool program.
- Access to the SiW YouTube channel to support your child’s Spanish learning. We upload videos weekly to help our students learn and practice vocabulary “en español” on demand. Many of the videos also have a worksheet, just look in the description area below the videos.
- Virtual classes run 60 minutes via ZOOM and 45 minutes for the Chiquitos (Parent & Child) program.
- Groups will be kept small for maximum interaction, so space is limited.
Virtual Year-Round Programs Available
SiW offers programs all year round, including 2 school-year semesters and summer programs. Our school year is made up of 2 semesters: Fall (semester 1; Sept-Jan) & Winter-Spring (semester 2; Feb-Jun). View our Virtual Preschool and Virtual Spanish School & Programs details below to learn more. New students can join at any time during a semester on an open/rolling enrollment basis.
SiW follows a standard school year calendar very closely, but not always exactly; you can view our school year calendar for full details.
- Lisa M. (Gianna’s mom)
- Gina S. (Colin’s mom)
- Johanne P. (Theresa’s mom)
- Serena M. (Madeline’s mom)
- Elizabeth H. (Diana's mom)
- Anne V. (Alexandra’s mom)
Age Groups & Programs Overview
- 2-3 yrs Chiquitos program, 45 minute class (Parent & Child).
- 3-5 yrs Preschool program, 1 hour class (available Mon thru Sat, 3 or 5 days/wk, also available 1 day/wk Saturday Only).
- 5-6 yrs & 7-8 yrs ‘Spanish School’ program designed for multi-day attendance, for ages ranging from 5 to 12 yrs old. 1 hour class, 2 days/wk min).
- 6-8 yrs Literacy programs, Levels 1-2 (2 days/wk).
- 9-12 year old Super Chicos programs, Levels 1-3 and Beginners.
- A Saturday Only option is available for most programs.
Age Groups & Program Details
2-3 yrs. Chiquitos (Parent & Child) Virtual Program
A virtual version of our well-loved classic Parent & Child program. This is a wonderful age to have fun with and enjoy your child. These language classes for toddlers are perfect for both and a great way to introduce your child to Spanish!
- Attend once or twice a week.
- Classes run 45-minutes.
- Available Monday, Tuesday, Friday at 10 AM and Saturdays at 9 AM.
3-5 yrs PRESCHOOL Virtual Program
We have seen our preschoolers thrive during the virtual classes in the spring and summer programs. Research tells us that consistency and methodical exposure are key in the acquisition of a second language. And those students who were taking classes daily and even 2 times a day were thriving in Spanish!
Our virtual preschool program will follow the same nationally recognized curriculum that we’ve been using right along, Mother Goose Time (that is in English but we do it in Spanish!). We follow the same curriculum in our in-person preschool program.
We are partnering with our Curriculum developers, Mother Goose Time, so that we can supply your child monthly with the arts and crafts materials that follows the curriculum themes. There is a material fee for the Mother Goose Time curriculum’s arts and crafts of $75 for the school year.
For those parents who want to start or continue their children’s Spanish education and have decided to do it from home via our Zoom classroom, you will have the choice of 3 times a week, 5 times a week, or twice a day for either of those options. The minimum 3 times per week for 1 hour (3 hrs a week) — is as if your child is attending one day a week of our in-person preschool. If your schedule does not permit multi-weekday attendance, we also have a 1 time per week Saturday Only option.
We have been learning and working extremely hard these past months to develop a great virtual program. Our SiW team has created a virtual preschool program that will be academic, engaging and fun, featuring a balance of preschool skills: music, arts and craft, movement, a special activity calendar for once a week (yoga/Zumba, science experiment, cooking) — all in Spanish of course!
We want to do everything we can for our preschoolers to have a great virtual experience while learning Spanish.
- Attend any 3 days or 5 days a week once a day (AM or PM) OR twice a day (an AM and PM class).
- A Saturday Only 1 day a week option is also available.
- Students receive specific curriculum matched arts & crafts materials.
- Classes run 1 hr.
- Available Monday to Friday, choose either 9:30 OR 10:45 AM AND/OR 2:30 PM. Saturdays at 9:00 AM.
- Twice a day preschool classes for the ultimate exposure and structure! One class in the morning and 1 class in the afternoon (We have tested this model in the spring, and it was amazing! Our students were able to learn so much more Spanish with double the exposure!) This option is to be combined with either the 3 or 5 day a week option.
5-6 yrs & 7-8 yrs ‘Spanish School’ Virtual Program
Our goal is to provide your child with useful and meaningful Spanish language experiences through a virtual setting where he/she will quickly begin to use functional Spanish to express him/herself.
Designed for multi-day attendance, the Spanish School program offers students an environment that allows them to absorb more and progress more rapidly with their language skills while having fun.
Like all of our programs, this is a non-intimidating, yet challenging and enjoyable “Spanish” setting that follows the proven SiW immersion curriculum model.
- Attend any 2, 3, 4 or 5 days a week (Mon-Sat) OR there is a Saturday Only option.
- Classes run 1 hr.
- Monday to Friday at 4 PM, Saturday at 10 AM.
6-8 yrs Literacy Virtual Program
Like our in-person Literacy program, this program is for proficient/fluent Spanish speakers with more developed Spanish skills. Students in this program are capable of more structured Spanish learning. Activities in these classes are still entertaining and engaging but are more challenging and structured. Students are introduce to more formal language skills such as reading, writing and grammar.
- For students who are already fluent in Spanish.
- Attendance is twice a week.
- Classes runs 1 hr.
- Literacy class Level-1, Monday and Thursday at 4 PM.
- Literacy class Level-2, Monday and Friday, 4 PM.
9-12 yrs Super Chicos Virtual Programs
This program is for older students who already have a full immersion foundation (Levels 1-3) or are just getting started (Beginners). Levels 1-3 programs are not open to first-time students, while the Beginners program is open to students with little or no prior Spanish. At this stage the students are much less child-like and are capable of more structured learning. Activities in these classes are still entertaining and engaging, but a bit more challenging and structured. Students are introduced to more formal language skills such as reading, writing and grammar.
- Attendance is twice a week (Beginners up to 5 days a week).
- Classes runs 1 hr.
- Beginners Monday to Friday at 5:10 PM, Saturday at 12:30 PM.
- Level 1 Tuesday and Thursday at 4 PM
- Level 2 Monday and Wednesday at 4 PM
- Level 3 Tuesday and Thursday at 5:10 PM